Read-a-thon: Food!

Read-a-thon involves reading (obviously) and snacks. Lots and lots of snacks. How does one make it through 24 hours of reading with out delicious noms?

The Menu

Breakfast
Blueberry Muffins
Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Mimosas
Coffee
Coffee
Coffee

Lunch
Crudites
Grapes
Salami
Cheese and Crackers  
Hummus and Pita

These guys have been pre-chopped and bagged for quicker serving.
 General Snacks
Goldfish
Multi-grain Cheerios
Mixed Nuts

Dinner
DiGiorno Pepperoni Pizza and Wyngz
Dole's Endless Summer Salad

Dessert
Brownies



Every read-a-thon, I try to make one new thing. This time around, I tried my hand at hummus. The experience taught me two things: I need a bigger food processor, and I make large messes. While I used this About.com recipe as I guide, I didn't generally follow it. I tend to taste as I go and add what ingredient I think is necessary.

Your ingredients. The tahini did not want to be found at the grocery store.
Over filling my tiny food processor was my first mistake.
Several (dozen) minutes later, I had whirred and tasted everything into delicious submission.
Even though I just had dinner, my tummy is rumbling just thinking about all the food I can eat tomorrow. I'll be sure to take pictures of my snackage throughout the day.

Comments

First I have to say that I am so glad to see other bloggers posting snacks, because I did (and of course went overboard!). Secondly, your menu makes me want to spend the readathon at your house. Possibly I was swayed by the mimosas...

Good luck tomorrow!
Meghan said…
Mimosas are a glorious thing. We tried them for the last read-a-thon, and decied to continue the tradition.