Read-a-thon: Feed Me

I start plotting read-a-thon snackage months in advance. What? I like food.

This year, I was excited by the idea of making a baked french toast for "big breakfast." This recipe is awesome because you can make it the night before. All you have to do on read-a-thon day is pop it in the oven, leaving more time for reading. Delicious win!

Well, my trip home nixed the idea of making that dish. My mother runs a B&B, and she closed the place for the season. This works out well for me (and The Boyfriend and The Roomie). Since The Boyfriend and I drove home for our visit last weekend, we got to take home all the left over baked goods.

Our freezer now looks like this:


All the tinfoil wrapped items are breads and coffeecakes. The bags are full of muffins and scones. (Also, some of those layers are two deep.) Clearly, I shouldn't be baking yet another breakfast item.

The complete menu for read-a-thon is coming together nicely. I'll have a full list (with pictures!) tomorrow... after The Boyfriend and I hit the grocery store for provisions.

nom nom nom

Comments

Stefanie said…
Wow, you are making me hungry! I've done very little planning. No idea what I am going to read or eat. I do know that I will have coffee and a big brownie though, I got much planned :)
Meghan said…
There will be a pot of coffee on all day at my place. I'm drafting a read-a-thon menu and will post an update of my snackage on Friday.

I find that I tend to make/buy too much food... but it's all so nommy.
I can't wait to see more pictures! I love how much the snacks have become another part of Readathon!