Read-a-thon: Books!

The first thing I did after work today was meet The Boyfriend at the local public library. They were holding two books for me, and I had another two items to track down.


I have a total of eight books in my read-a-thon stack. It looks rather large on my end table, but I keep telling myself that most of the BIG books are graphic novels. Without further ado, here is my complete stack.


As in the past, I have these stacked in order. I will simply grab a book off the top and work my way down as far as I can. My final reading order is:
The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
License to Pawn by Rick Harrison
The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
Death of a Hussy by M.C. Beaton
Blankets by Craig Thompson
Girls in White Dresses by Jennifer Close
Orbiter by Warren Ellis and Colleen Doran
Should I run out of books (which I think is highly unlikely), I'll simply grab one of the many I have lying around the apartment.

My reason for choosing these books is because they looked like light, happy, and fun reads. During the last read-a-thon, too  many of my books were about or related to genocide. That made for a rather depressing morning, so I thought I'd steer clear of the heavy stuff this time around.

The stack awaits, my nommage is ready, it's not long now until read-a-thon begins.

Maybe I should try to go to bed a little early tonight?

Comments

October's readathon is always my favorite and I tend to stack it with lots of scary books and graphic novels. Good luck tomorrow, your pile of books looks fantastic!
theoncominghope said…
Great choices! I'm really excited, and we've only got half an hour to go!

My list is here if you're interested:
http://theoncominghope.blogspot.com/2011/10/24-hour-readathon.html
Meghan said…
Kate - I love that I can read with the patio door open during the October read-a-thon. The cool breeze helps keep me awake.

Oncoming Hope - You had a great list. I hope your reading went well.