Hour 18: Wherein Our Reader Achieves a Goal

CURRENTLY READING: I finished Blankets and started Girls in White Dresses by Jennifer Close

The completed pile is a few inches taller.
THOUGHTS?: Blankets was far more complex than I anticipated. I may go back and re-read a few pages after read-a-thon. Girls in White Dresses seems to be a straight ole' light read. I am okay with that, particularly at this hour.

SNACKS AND STUFF: No snacks. Just water. I think I may brush my teeth and call the eating done for the night.

COMPANION UPDATE: The Roomie went to read in bed. I think it's a good bet that she is asleep by now.

ANYTHING ELSE?: Well, I achieved my goal of reading 6 books. I'm on book 7, but my yawning rate indicates that I probably will not finish it.

PAGES READ THIS HOUR: 144
PAGES READ TOTAL: 1947 (I am going to push to hit 2000)

BOOKS COMPLETED:
The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo
The Alchemist: A Graphic Novel by Paulo Coelho
License to Pawn: Deals, Steals, and My Life at the Gold & Silver by Rick Harrison
The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
Death of a Hussy by M.C. Beaton
Blankets by Craig Thompson

Comments

Holy Readathon Gold! You are kicking Readathon's butt so hard it won't be able to sit for a week!

I got my witche's hat
and a wicked reading stack
Like a spooky black cat
I'll cheer now, and be back!
Meghan said…
Thanks Kate! I tend to pad my stack with easier books, but it works to keep my energy up.