Hour 16: Wherein Our Reader is Refreshed

CURRENTLY READING: I am now on book 6, a graphic novel called Blankets by Craig Thompson.

THOUGHTS?: I am enjoying both the artwork and the narrative. Unlike The Alchemist all of the pictures are in black and white. The style is well suited to the story.

SNACKS AND STUFF: No snacks... but I think I may have a midnight brownie.

COMPANION UPDATE: She was on the phone for a bit, but now she is back to reading The Secret Life of Bees.

ANYTHING ELSE?: I took a shower to try to wake up. I made the fatal mistake of making it a warm shower. Now I'm clean and toasty in my big sweatshirt. I may need some coffee to go with that midnight brownie. I have also thrown on Food Network. I think the shows will keep me awake while being easy to ignore.

PAGES READ THIS HOUR: 226
PAGES READ TOTAL:1577 (Holy cow!)

Death of a Hussy looks so tiny in comparison
BOOKS COMPLETED:
The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo
The Alchemist: A Graphic Novel by Paulo Coelho
License to Pawn: Deals, Steals, and My Life at the Gold & Silver by Rick Harrison
The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
Death of a Hussy by M.C. Beaton

Comments

India said…
Sorry, Meghan, but there is no way the notre dame fight song is going to win my read-a-thon challenge. It just wouldn't be right!

What was right was the choice of a fight song. Very old-fashioned!

Do you want to try again? :P
Meghan said…
India - Did you go to USC? Cause, if so, you're team played awesomely. I may be sad that we lost, but I can admit when we get our butts kicked.