Book 37: Her Every Pleasure

Her Every Pleasure: A NovelTITLE: Her Every Pleasure
AUTHOR: Gaelen Foley
STARTED: July 11, 2011
FINISHED: July 28, 2011
PAGES: 408
GENRE: Romance

FIRST SENTENCE: Thick woods crowded the lonely road as the royal carriage and its phalanx of armed outriders pounded on through the black autumn night.

SUMMARY: [From amazon.com] Princess Sophia was only a child when Napoleon conquered the island paradise ruled by her father. Raised in England and now twenty-one, she means to claim the throne that is rightfully hers and bring peace to her war-torn land. But an ambush by enemies forces Sophia into hiding outside London. Disguising herself as a peasant girl until she can safely return, she meets Major Gabriel Knight, a wounded warrior whose brush with death has utterly changed him.

Heir to a great fortune, and a master swordsman, Gabriel has given up his worldly possessions and laid down his arms. Sophia is fascinated by his brooding magnetism, and Gabriel, lured by her fiery beauty and healed by her touch, is drawn back inexorably toward the world of the living.

But when Sophia’s royal destiny is revealed, Gabriel knows he must take up his sword again, whatever the cost, to protect his princess from those who would destroy her. And as longing blossoms into passion, Gabriel discovers the one cause that is truly worth fighting for...


THOUGHTS: It took me almost three weeks to read this book because I just didn't care. That is never a good sign. Normally I love Foley's books, but this one was just "there" for me. I don't know if it was the book, me, or a combination of the two, but I could not like this story. Sophia felt stupid and spoiled, Gabriel was whipped, and the whole plot was a contrived mess.

I need my romance novel mojo back!

RATING: 4/10 [An "Okay" Book]

Comments

Courtney Herda said…
I've got some good recommendations if you need your romance novel mojo back. It's all I've been reading lately...

Literally all I've been reading. And I've been reading A LOT.
Meghan said…
I am always open for book suggestions. Right now I've been on a non-fiction kick, but I may try to squeeze in another attempt at romance soon.