On The Job: Kudos!

Library work is collaborative. Sure there are times we librarians get to be hermits, but libraries operate best when the staff work together.

As a supervisor, I am highly dependent on my staff. Without them I would be lost. So, when someone says something nice about my staff and their work, I pass it along.

Many times, it is easy to forget the employees who work "behind the scenes" at the libraries. Books are not shelved by magic - like they are in Harry Potter (although that would be awesome!). In most libraries it takes a dedicated staff to ensure that the physical operations of the library run smoothly.

This message was left on one of our many reshelving carts. A member of my staff found it and it made her day. She gave the note to me and I posted it in the office for all to see.


Chelsea, you made my staff's week.

Share the kudos whenever you get them. Your staff will love knowing their work and role in the library is appreciated.

Comments