2011 Reading / Bookish Resolutions

It should come as no shock to regular readers of this blog that I am, once again, attempting to reduce Mt. TBR. I need this books out of my apartment... so that I can make room for new ones.



I will not buy books.
-- Shocker. I've had this one on my list for several years. It's going to stay there until I read 90% of the books I own. I'm getting there, but I still have a long way to go.

I will update this blog on a more regular (and expansive) basis.
-- While I have been good about updating, I really want to turn this blog into something more. I will continue to do my usual updates, but I want to add a few more features. There is always a ton of stuff on my mind. This blog is a great outlet; I just have to be better about putting my fingers on the keyboard.

Read more.
-- Simple. I had a dismal  reading year (in terms of amount) in 2010. I just want to read more. I don't give a fig what or from whence the books came into my possession - I just want to read more. I would set myself a goal (like get off the Interwebs at 10pm and crack open a book) but I know that would fail. So, I will just put it into writing that I want to read more. More. More. More. Meghan is greedy for books.


And that's it. I'm not going bonkers this year; I'm being realistic with myself. I like my life and I like how I devout time to my passion of books. There's no need to willy-nilly change it all, but one can always set goals to achieve and guidelines to follow.

Comments