Useful Things: Fly Me to the Moon

In honor of my flight home today (hello, upstate NY fall foliage!), I bring you an awesome tool - FlightStats.

This awesome website is a great flight tracker. I have been known to track my flight up until the moment I leave and to also track the flights of those I'm expecting until they arrive. It's addictive.

What makes this flight tracker so much fun is the offerings for each individual flight. You not only get departure and arrival times, but you can also watch altitude, the flight path, wind speed, and a whole lot of other data.

My favorite part is the map. It zooms in and out once the plane is in the air so you can see exactly where the aircraft is over the country.

The website also lets you add widgets to your webpage, send updates to your phone, and check out airport related information (i.e. ground delays, local traffic delays, etc.).

Comments