Readathon: Stocking Up

Dewey's Read-a-Thon starts this Saturday at 8:00am (for those of us on the U.S. east coast).

I've been thinking about participating but I've never been able to. I had my Saturday library marketing class during the last read-a-thon which put a kink in my plans. This time around Notre Dame (GO IRISH!) plays Pittsburgh at 3:30pm. But I shall not waver! I am participating this year, gosh darnit. I'll just be a wee bit distracted during game time.

So, I am now stockpiling supplies.

Tomorrow, I go to pick up Mockingjay from the library. It will join The Exile, Diana Gabaldon's Outlander graphic novel, in my read-a-thon pile. Tonight, I'm going to poke through my books to find another title or two to throw on the pile.

I doubt I will be able to complete a full 24-hours of reading, but I'm going to try to at least make it from 8am to 2am (with three distracted hours of football reading - maybe I'll save the news paper for that bit).

If you done the read-a-thon before, what snacks to you recommend?

Comments

Ronnica said…
Mockingjay will be perfect for the Readathon...if you can wait that long! I actually read Hunger Games during my first Readathon and couldn't put it down even though I was well past the time I told myself I was going to stop!
Meghan said…
I read Hunger Games after a friend recommended it to me awhile back. It's pure coincidence that my library hold for Mockingjay came in time for the Readathon. I will be kicking off my reading with Collins book.

Right now, it's staring at me from my nightstand and I can't wait to crack it open.

I am so excited for Saturday that I've been bouncing.