YouTube Tuesday: S.O.S.



This video is melodramatic. This video also makes an extremely important point. School libraries are vital to our students' growth as learners and individuals.

My final library school class was all about marketing libraries and their services. During the semester, I worked with a local public school system to help develop a presentation to principals to help encourage support (and funding!) for their libraries. The more I researched and worked on the presentation, the more I wished I could just stand in a room with all the administrators and let it all out:
Libraries are more than important, they are vital assets! Libraries offer the biggest bang for the buck when it comes to enhancing education! Libraries go beyond books, they are the third place that builds communities and encourages student self-exploration and creative growth! Stop ignoring your library - you are neglecting the biggest tool you have to raise test scores and encourage curiosity and learning!
I could go on and on and on about how important libraries are in schools, communities, and to society as a whole. In fact, I want to go on and on and on. Expect more advocacy from me in the future. It's what I want to do with my career, so I might as well start with the outlet I have here.

So, let me have it, what to do you want to know about libraries, librarians, and information literacy? I'm ready to research and talk. Let's get a loud conversation going; I never was a shusher.

Comments