Useful Things: Going Postal

I have a friend who will be in Guatamala for the summer. We tend to correspond via snail mail for funsies. While she's in Central America I plan on sending her annoyingly glittery notecards. If I can't visit, I might as well remind her of my shiny presence by letter.

I have never sent a letter to another country, so it's time to do some research. Sure there is FedEx, UPS, DHS, and other mail carriers, but I like to rely on the good ole US Postal Service. They may be losing customers by the thousands to e-mail and the like, but sometimes you just have to send a tangible letter. Not one to know postal rates off the top of my head, I rely on their handy dandy postage calculator to figure out the price of my letters and packages. Say what you will for the US mail system, this tool is effective and easy to use.

For an even quicker look at stamp rates, you can also visit ThePostalRate.com

Comments