Links and Stuff: April 8, 2010

  • The iPad may work wonders for self-publishing. Now if only I could get around to writing that book in my head.
  • Does your library disaster plan prepare for the coming zombie invasion
  • I've never DNFed a book, but here's an NPR story on some who just throw in the towel
  • (Warning! This next bit is very geeky library stuff) There are a whole bunch of valuable library user studies out there. Roy Tenant distills the extensive report by JISC.
  • Sometimes the courts really grind my gears. Keep an eye on your internet bills. The FCC lost it's bid for "net neutrality" against Comcast.

Comments

Katie said…
I have clearly not finished book - in fact, I didn't finish Wolf Hall either (just lat week...). I could tell that it had potential, but I wasn't having.

My thoughts, if I give 100 pages to a book and it is offering me nothing in return, give it up. I have better things to do with my life.
Meghan said…
I wish I had the ability to do that. I am often a second half book lover - where the first half is icky but I love the ending.