Book 7: Strong Poison

TITLE: Strong Poison
AUTHOR: Dorothy L. Sayers
STARTED: March 1, 2010
FINISHED: March 9, 2010
PAGES: 192
GENRE: Mystery

FIRST SENTENCE: There were crimson roses on the bench; they looked like splashes of blood.

SUMMARY: [From amazon.com] Mystery novelist Harriet Vane knew all about poisons, and when her fiancee died in the manner prescribed in one of her books, a jury of her peers had a hangman's noose in mind. But Lord Peter Wimsey was determined to find her innocent -- as determined as he was to make her his wife.

THOUGHTS: I don't think I "do" mystery. Aside from a tiny side snippet in this book, there was nothing about Sayers' story that called to me. I could have cared less about the characters, "who dun it," or even the era the book is set in. I just didn't care at all about anything in this story. Part of me wonders if I would have liked the book more if I had read the others that came before it in the series, but I highly doubt it. I likes book with mystery in them, but apparently I'm not a huge fan of the mystery genre.

RATING: 5/10 [Meh.]

Comments