Book 90: Sunrise on the Mediterranean


TITLE: Sunrise on the Mediterranean

AUTHOR: Suzanne Frank
STARTED: December 9, 2009
FINISHED: December 23, 2009
PAGES: 572
GENRE: Romance

FIRST SENTENCE: History is known, illuminated.

SUMMARY: [From barnesandnoble.com] Time-traveler Chloe Kingsley wakes up in the Mediterranean, dressed in 1990s party clothes. Mistaken for a mermaid goddess, Chloe soon realizes she is in biblical Canaan. She and Cheftu are reunited, only to become vassals to David, the Israelite king.

THOUGHTS: I liked this book but was bored by it at the same time. I am all for a time-traveling romance series (Hello, Outlander), but something about this book just left me feeling blase. The writing was fine, the plot was fine, the characters were the same as they've been in the past books, but this book just did not hit the spot. I think, because the book relies heavily on historical characters, it felt a bit to forced. Things worked out too well. There were also spots of the book where I was completely lost - the visual I was supposed to see in my head did not work at all.

Overall, not a bad read just there.

RATING: 6/10 [Good]

Comments