Book 79: Enigma


TITLE: Enigma

AUTHOR: Robert Harris
STARTED: October 20, 2009
FINISHED: November 2, 2009
PAGES: 322
GENRE: Fiction

FIRST SENTENCE: Cambridge in the fourth winter of the war: a ghost town.

SUMMARY: [From barnesandnoble.com] March 1943, the war hangs in the balance, and at Bletchley Park a brilliant young codebreaker is facing a double nightmare. The Germans have unaccountably changed their U-boat Enigma code, threatening a massive Allied defeat. And as suspicion grows that there may be a spy inside Bletchley, Jericho's girlfriend, the beautiful and mysterious Claire Romilly, suddenly disappears.

THOUGHTS: There were so many names and mysteries involved with this book that I got lost. Way lost. I think they solved the problem by the end of the book - but I was still left scratching my head and asking, "What just happened?"

I love novels set during World War II. I love novels set around the Enigma. This one just felt off.

RATING: 5/10 [Meh]

Comments