And... done.

That textbook was the last of my reading for my summer course on children's literature. Huzzah!

And now for a break and something entirely different...

Chicago is currently hosting the American Library Association's (ALA) annual conference. (It's in D.C. next year and I'm going to try my darnedest to go.) One fun part of the conference that has occurred in recent years is the Book Cart Drill Team Championship. Essentially, a bunch of librarians get together and put together a song and dance show with their carts.

NPR had a story yesterday about the most recent competition. You can also find numerous videos of past competitions on YouTube.

If fire elements were allowed, I would totally work sparklers into my show.



Also... if you don't think librarians aren't dancing in their heads whenever their walking down the hall with a book cart, you would be wrong.

Comments