Book 24: There is a Bird on Your Head

TITLE: There is a Bird on Your Head
AUTHOR: Mo Willems
STARTED: May 23, 2009
FINISHED: May 23, 2009
PAGES: 64
GENRE: Juvenile

FIRST SENTENCE: Piggie!

SUMMARY: [From barnesandnoble.com] Gerald discovers that there is something worse than a bird on your head-two birds on your head! Can Piggie help her best friend?

THOUGHTS: Totally adorable! The story is absurd but it works - I laughed out load several time. I loved the illustrations. Willems works mainly with simple lines and large blocks of color. Somehow, he makes the facial expressions on his characters leap off the page with true emotion. These two characters reminded me of my friends and I. I need to track down the rest of the books in this series - this was hil-a-rious.

RATING: 8/10 [Terrific]

Comments