Don't hide!

PostSecret is awesome. I love how people spill what has been on their minds and hearts. What I don't love is when I read secrets that should not be secrets.

Case in point:


Seriously?

Seriously?!?!

Stop it people. Reading, no matter what you are reading, should not make you feel ashamed. If someone is making you feel ashamed, don't ditch the books, ditch the person. If you love romance novels say it loud and proud. There are people in my life who have made fun of my voracious appetite for the romance genre. I then kick their asses in trivia games because of all I've learned from these books.

Aside from the burgeoning jeopardy skills, romance novels are a balm for my soul. I enjoy reading them. What other reason do you need to read a book or love a genre?

This need to shame romance novels reminds me of the ad that ran on the DC metro system awhile back. Pshaw I say.

Comments