Book 5: Y The Last Man: Whys and Wherefores

TITLE: Y The Last Man: Whys and Wherefores
AUTHOR: Brian K. Vaughan
STARTED: February 6 2009
FINISHED: February 6, 2009
PAGES: 168
GENRE: Graphic Novel

FIRST SENTENCE: Well, that's unexpected.

SUMMARY: [From dccomics.com] Yorick Brown's long journey through an Earth populated only by women comes to a dramatic, unexpected conclusion in this final volume, collecting issues #55-60 of the critically acclaimed series.

THOUGHTS: I was a little disappointed in the conclusion to this series. I don't know what I was expecting, but it certainly was not this. I think part of my disconnect was that I did not reread the entire series before moving onto the last volume. In the future, I think I may re-read the whole series in one sitting and see what that does for my opinion.

Also, part of me wanted everyone to die. But I blame that on the fact that I wanted to see what that would look like in the artwork.

RATING: 6/10 [Good.]

Comments