Book 28: To Dance

TITLE: To Dance: A Ballerina's Graphic Novel
AUTHOR: Siena Cherson Siegel
STARTED: May 28, 2008
FINISHED: May 28, 2008
PAGES: 64
GENRE: Graphic Novel

FIRST SENTENCE: Big, empty spaces always made me dance.

SUMMARY: [From barnesandnoble.com] Dancers are young when they first dream of dance. Siena was six -- and her dreams kept skipping and leaping, circling and spinning, from airy runs along a beach near her home in Puerto Rico, to dance class in Boston, to her debut performance on stage with the New York City Ballet.

To Dance tells and shows the fullness of her dreams and her rhapsodic life they led to. Part family history, part backstage drama, here is an original, firsthand book about a young dancer's beginnings -- and beyond.

THOUGHTS: I picked this up because I was a dancer and I wanted to see pretty pictures. I got what I asked for.

RATING: 5/10 [Meh.]

Comments