Book 16-19: Runaways

TITLE: Runaways: Pride & Joy, Runaways: Teenage Wasteland, Runaways: Missing: The Good Die Young, and Runaways: True Believers
AUTHOR: Brian K. Vaughan
STARTED: April 6, 2008
FINISHED: April 6, 2008
PAGES: 144, 144, 144, and 144 [Total: 576]
GENRE: Graphic Novel

FIRST SENTENCE: For Pride & Joy: Daredevil, what's the sit-rep?
For Teenage Wasteland: Where is my child?!
For Missing: The Good Die Young: Lame!
For True Believers: Okay, if you could be any super hero... who'd you be?

SUMMARY: [From barnesandnoble.com] Meet Alex, Karolina, Gert, Chase, Molly and Nico - six young friends whose lives are about to take an unexpected dramatic turn. Discovering their parents are all secretly super-villains, together the teens run away from home and vow to turn the tables on their evil legacy!

THOUGHTS: I wish my parents were evil super villains. Okay... I don't, but it sure is an awesome premise for a graphic novel series. I think Brian K. Vaughan is becoming my graphic novel god. I can't wait to see where this series goes and what philosophical and societal questions Vaughan gets me to think about.

RATING: 6/10 [Good]

Comments