Natural Light Part II

Despite the fact that I doubted I would follow through on my plans, I actually did. Twice.

On Saturday, I walked over to the library to return some books (picked up three more - at least it's free), and ended up running into my friend Kathleen. After we checked out our material, we walked over to Panera for lunch. Afterwards, I headed back to my apartment, taking my darn-tootin' time because it was so nice out. Then, shock of all shocks, I set myself up and proceeded to sit outside and read. I didn't start reading and then stare off into the day, I actually read. Yoohoo! I finished up Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and, later that day, started a library book Freddy and Fredericka.

Then on Sunday, I proceeded to shock myself some more and read outside for about 3 hours. The weather was absolutely gorgeous and I simply could not help myself. Since our patio only gets the morning sun, I did not have the glare of sun bouncing off the pages and into my face. With the nice breeze, the birds, and some nice classical music on my MP3 player it was a glorious way to spend the afternoon.

Now that the weather is nicer, I hope to do this a lot more often. My roomies and I are planning on buying a patio set so I won't have to drag out the butterfly chair every time I want to do this. Plus, I will a table to put my snackage on. I fear small woodland creatures will jump into my glass every time I set it on the patio floor.

I hope you all had the chance to enjoy the marvelous weather.

Comments