Out with the old...

... and staying with the old.

At the beginning of 2006 I set two book related resolutions for myself. The first was the read 100 books in a calendar year. Well, at 103, I've done that. Yoohoo! Granted, I wanted to see if I could do that without graphic novels, but I failed. Still, to me, graphic novels are books, so they count. Ha!

The second resolution was to make this blog into something more than me just listing off the books I've read. For most of the year, I failed to reach that goal. Things have perked up recently and I think I can continue the trend.

So for 2007, I'm remaking these resolutions for myself.

I will attempt to read 100 books in the year. This time, however, to try to change things up, I will set a goal of reading at least 25 non-fiction titles and 10 classics. That ought to challenge me a bit - though I will be counting books I have to read for class in the non-fiction category.

Secondly, I will continue to try to make this blog into something more than just me listing books. I work at a library now (then again, I've worked here for 6 months) - I ought to have plenty to talk about.

Seriously though, sometimes you really don't want to know what happens in the stacks.

Comments