That's What She Said: Hornblower

“In another field a soldier was prodding a cow along with his bayonet – Hornblower could not imagine with what motive.”
-- Anyone else amused by this? *poke poke*

“Hornblower was as good as his word; it was only two minutes before he returned, but now he was naked except for a towel draped sketchily round him”
-- Despite the large amount of times I’ve said the word sketchily, I’ve never seen it used in a book. Also, how does one drape a towel sketchily?

"Drink coffee with a Turkish Mudir at one hour, dabble in underwater explosives the next. If variety was the spice of life, thought Hornblower, his present existence must be an Oriental curry.”
-- I think one reason I enjoyed this book, was because of passages like this. It reminds me way to much of the way my friends and I speak.

Comments