Book 49: The Cobra & The Concubine

NUMBER: 49
TITLE: The Cobra & The Concubine
AUTHOR: Bonnie Vanak
STARTED: June 2, 2006
FINISHED: June 3, 2006
PAGES: 342
GENRE: Romance

FIRST SENTENCE: Someone, please help me.

SUMMARY: [From barnesandnoble.com] Abused and made a concubine by the evil Sheikh Faruq, Badra finds redemption and love in the strong arms of an English duke's last grandson.

REASON FOR READING: It was staring at me.

THOUGHTS: I want Vanak to write more books. I have not read something by her for over a year, and now I want more. This book continues the tales surrounding a bedouin tribe in Egypt. Vanak continues to throw great characters and their romances together. What I found most enjoyable about this book is that it showed the recovery from sexual abuse in what I took to be a very realistic way.

The chemistry between the two main characters was so palpable that I found myself panting. Vanak has skill, great great skill.

The one downside to this book: it was not long enough. It also fizzled out a little bit at the end, but not enough for me to care.

MISCELLANEOUS: More!

KEEP/SHARE/CRINGE(?): PBSing
RATING: 6/10 [Good]

CR: Everyone Worth Knowing by Lauren Weisberger
RN: The Washingtonienne by Jessica Cutler

Comments