Book 18: The Sandman: Brief Lives

NUMBER: 18
TITLE: The Sandman: Brief Lives
AUTHOR: Neil Gaiman
STARTED: February 20, 2006
FINISHED: February 20, 2006
PAGES: 256
GENRE: Graphic Novels

FIRST SENTENCE: It is, of course, a miracle.

SUMMARY: [From barnesandnoble.com] Delirium, youngest sister of the Endless, prevails upon her brother, Dream, to help her find their missing sibling. Their travels take them through the world of the waking until a final confrontation with the missing member of the Endless and the resolution of Dream's relationship with his son change the endless forever.

REASON FOR READING: I can't stop reading this series.

THOUGHTS: I always wondered why Dream was such a sad man. This book in the series helps explain it. What I found most interesting in this book was not the main plot line but, rather, the way Dream relates to his son, Orpheus. I think Gaiman wrote the finally sequence perfectly. It actually brought tears to my eyes. Add the powerful art to Gaiman's script and you've got yourself a powerhouse of a read.

MISCELLANEOUS: I couldn't do it that's why dream is a better man than I.

KEEP/SHARE/CRINGE(?): Going back to Pete.
RATING: 7/10 [Very Good]

CR: The Sandman: Worlds' End by Neil Gaiman
RN: Extreme Exposure by Pamela Clare

Comments