Book 5: The Sandman: The Doll's House

NUMBER: 5
TITLE: The Sandman: The Doll's House
AUTHOR: Neil Gaiman
STARTED: January 14, 2006
FINISHED: January 16, 2006
PAGES: 227
GENRE: Graphic Novels

FIRST SENTENCE: May we open this celebration of the work in your hand by defining two kinds of fantastic fiction?

SUMMARY: [From barnesandnoble.com] During Morpheus's incarceration, three dreams escaped the Dreaming and are now loose in the waking world. At the same time, a young woman named Rose Walker is searching for her little brother. As their stories converge, a vortex is discovered that could destroy all dreamers, and the world itself.

REASON FOR READING: I became addicted to the series with the first book.

THOUGHTS: This was not as good as the first. I'm still getting used to the art and I was not as drawn into the whole vortex story. My favorite part of this graphic novel was the first part. The tale about the old glass city and Morpheus's love for a queen was phenomenal. I also enjoyed the chapter "Men of Fortune." I found the concept of Death allowing a man to live as long as he wants intriguing. I also enjoyed how the man and Morpheus forged a friendship through it all. Very well done.

The rest of the book was just there for me. Not great but not bad. However, I was really creeped out by the "Cereal" convention. *shudder*

MISCELLANEOUS: More more more!

KEEP/SHARE/CRINGE(?): Going back to Pete, its rightful owner.
RATING: 6/10 [Good]

CR: The Sandman: Dream Country by Neil Gaiman
RN: The Courtesan by Julia Justiss

Comments