Book 34: A Girl's Guide to Vampires

NUMBER: 34
TITLE: A Girl's Guide To Vampires
AUTHOR: Katie MacAlister
STARTED: May 5, 2005
FINISHED: May 6, 2005
PAGES: 374
GENRE: Romance

FIRST SENTENCE: TBA

SUMMARY: [From Amazon.com] All Joy Randall wants is a little old-fashioned romance, but when she participates in a "Goddess evoking" ceremony with her friend, Roxy, Joy finds out her future true love is a man with the potential to put her immortal soul in danger. At first the ever-practical Joy is ready to dismiss her vision as a product of too much gin and too many vampire romances, but while traveling through the Czech Republic with Roxy, Joy begins to have some second thoughts about her mystery lover because she is suddenly plagued by visions of a lethally handsome stranger. Then, when she and Roxy attend a local GothFaire, Joy meets Raphael Griffin St. John, head of security, and she becomes even more bewildered because the dark and dangerous Raphael seems too close to her dreams for comfort.

REASON FOR READING: The roomie has all the good books.

THOUGHTS: If I had known this book came before Sex And The Single Vampire I would have read it first. Nonetheless, I enjoyed it immensely. Who ever heard of a love-sick vampire? Anyway, I love how the male lead never comes out and explicitly says what's up. That makes the story have more tension. It also leaves the reader wanting more. MacAlister is very good at keeping the reader guessing. Once again, her descriptions of scenes and plots were enough to keep the reader drawn in, while still allowing their imagination to flow freely.

I also loved the fact that the two female leads were book-loving, romance-novel-reading, librarians. They were me! (Well... what I will be... after I get my MLS in 3 years.)

MISCELLANEOUS: I've never heard of a GothFaire.

KEEP/SHARE/CRINGE(?): Me want my own copy.
RATING: 6/10 [Good]

CR: Ravished by Virginia Henley
RN: Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

Comments