What I Read This Week: January 14, 2018

I am trying harder this year to get things done. I was fantastic at using my bullet journal last year for daily and monthly tasks, but long-term projects and personal/professional development... not so much. This year, I hope to do better. This week, I started working on the first steps of some of my goals and major projects for the year.

The new header on this here blog is one of the first steps I'm taking toward revamping the content I create. I have some fun ideas in my head and I'm shaping an editorial calendar to help me put it all together. For the first time in awhile, I'm excited about what's to come.

  • Work
    • College and Research Libraries News, December 2017 - I thought this was going to be a skim issue... until I got to the article highlighting marketing resources. I read that piece in its entirety and added a bunch of it's recommendations to my bookmarks and feed.
  • Magazines
    • Washingtonian, January 2018 - I was really looking forward to the cover story on the locals favorite places in DC. I was hoping to find a spot or two that was new to me. Alas. I've heard of or visited every spot on the list. There was an interesting story about how the local economy might tank if we can't find a way to diversify our economy. It was a bit of a scare-mongering article, but it made some very good points. DC relies quite heavily on the government and associated industries. Finally, there was a two-page spread featuring illustrated lunch bags a father draws for his daughter. They're awesome.
  • Books
    • I'm nearly finished with Get Your Sh*t Together. It's not a groundbreaking book on productivity, but it does make some good bullet points about how to focus.

Comments