Why I Love... New Bookmarks

While The Husband and I were on vacation, I did something that I have not done in a very long time. I bought a new bookmark. It's nothing fancy - just that thick strip of paper that you usually see in a museum shop - but I love it. This bookmark has a picture of my favorite statue in the world.

As a librarian, bookmarks seem to find me. They show up in tote bags or are given to me by vendors. Some bookmarks arrive with book orders. Other bookmarks are just handed to me by folks I know because, "Here! You like to read." Sometimes I think they just appear out of thin air because there are some bookmarks in my small stash that I have no memories of acquiring. Some of these bookmarks I keep, love, and use but most end up in the recycling bin.

Bookmarks are always easy for me to get, but rarely do I buy one. When I buy a new bookmark, it's because it means something to me. There is something special about how it looks or where it came from. In this case, The Husband and I had a fabulous trip to Italy and I wanted something small to remember our days in Rome by. I'm glad I can now use this little memento to remind me of our trip and my favorite statue.

Comments