Why I Love... Bookstagram

It's a gray, dreary day in DC. It's the perfect kind of weather for comforting, indoor activities. Tonight, I think I shall spend a few minutes scrolling through Instagram. I love seeing all the pictures my friends take, but I also adore taking a look at the #bookstagram hashtag.

If you ever want to get your reading mojo back or just look at what other bookworms are posting, head over to Instagram and search #Bookstagram. Book lovers all over the world have taken pictures of their books and reading activities. This hashtag is full of great covers, delightful shelves, comfy nooks, and "aesthetics." I've been seriously impressed by the photography skills to be had in this hashtag. The lighting and staging of photos are simply wonderful.

#Bookstagram pictures are pretty to look at, but they're also a great way to see some titles you might otherwise miss. I've discovered some great book (particularly YA titles) when perusing this search. I've also found more than one bookstore or library I need to add to my places to visit list.

#Bookstagram is seriously one my favorite things to peruse when I have some moments. It's one of the good rabbit holes of the internet. Happy scrolling!

Comments