What I Read This Week: December 11, 2016

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! We held our annual holiday party yesterday and, for me, that always kicks off the holiday season. It was just as fun and full of food as it always is. I made a few new items (funfetti shortbread bites, mini cinnamon roll cookies, and crab bites) to go along with our favorites. We actually cut back on the amount of food we provide and it still felt like too much. Clearly, The Husband and I don't want anyone to go hungry.

We'e also sent out all of holiday cards and The Husband has been doing a great job of wrapping presents. His skills are amazing. He even wrapped his gifts from me! (After I put them in a box, of course.)
  • Magazines
    • National Geographic, December 2016 - The cover story about faith, healing, and the placebo effect was interesting, but I was most intrigued by the article on young Russians view of the world. I was shocked by how much the piece sucked me in. It offered fascinating insights to how the younger generations have responded to the fall of communism and the rise of Putin. On top of that, I also enjoyed the articles on orangutans and how climate change is impacting our national parks.
  • Books
    • I finally finished reading The Dressmaker. Thank goodness! It was not a good book. Not at all.
  • Other
    • Article club met on Tuesday and we read this piece on reading, self-care, and women using sick days. The piece was right up our feminist alley... but we didn't talk about it at all because one of our members, Lady T, was newly engaged and another, Lady E, announced she was moving to Maine in January. 

Comments