What I Read This Week: November 6, 2016

Election Day is on Tuesday. Go vote!

Now that I've done my usual civic reminder, let's look back at my reading this week. It's WAY less than I want it to be. I blame metro. Now, I normally blame many things on metro, but this one is a legitimate complaint. My work metro station is closed from Oct. 31 until Nov. 22. Almost a whole month. In lieu of taking metro and then one of the shuttle buses, I've opted to Lyft Line (and Uber Pool) to and from the office. Well - it turns out these rides are fast and I normally end up chatting with the driver. On metro, I usually get the chance to read a magazine for 30-45 minutes (or longer if there are delays). So, while I love getting home earlier, I do miss my uninterrupted reading time.

On to the list!
  • Magazines
    • HGTV Magazine, October 2016 and November 2016 - At this point, I do nothing but flip through these issues to look at the pretty pictures. My mom gifted me this subscription and we shant be renewing it. As much as I like looking at pretty
      pictures, it feels like a waste of paper to receive this every month when I can just look at stuff on Pinterest.
    • Food Network Magazine, October 2016 and November 2016 - Same note as above. Again, as much as I love food, it feels like waste to get this every month. That said, I did enjoy the one article on Ina Garten and her husband.
  • Books
    • I finished reading Pointe in the middle of the week. It was a touch overly dramatic for my tastes, but I enjoyed how it ended.
    • The book on my end table now is Dietland by Sarai Walker. So far I am intrigued by the story, but I wonder where all the set-up is headed.

Comments