What I Read This Week: September 18, 2016

I got to do a fun thing at work this week. I took over the University's Snapchat account on behalf of the library. It was a blast but I was running around the library all day. It was totally worth it. I loved showcasing the libraries staff and services. I also included some fun stuff from "behind the scenes."
  • Magazines
    • Washingtonian, September 2016 - After seeing the cover of this issue, I thought I would breeze through it. As much as I love seeing fashion, I don't read those article. I just look at the pictures. Color me surprised when every other article was a worthwhile read. I particularly recommend the pieces on Terry McAuliffe and the blind man who mentored a set of blind triplets. There was also an interesting short piece on using private museums to lure tourists south of The Mall.
  • Books
    • I'm making a surprising amount of progress in The Land of Painted Caves. I'm enjoying the story, but my problems with this series remain the same - it's a bit repetitive and info-dumpy at times.

Comments