What I Read This Week: August 21, 2016

I'm on a boat! Well, I'm coming back from being on a boat. The Husband and I went on a small getaway to Annapolis this weekend. We took a sunset cruise on the bay, had crab for dinner in old town, spent the night in a schooner cabin, and ate a delicious breakfast on deck. It was a fantastic way to celebrate the end of summer. (Too bad DC weather thinks it's summer until November. Blergh)
  • Magazines
    • Good Housekeeping, September 2016 - I spent all of 15 minutes flipping through this issue. The cover feature about strong women are awesome, but I noticed that many of the women featured have appeared in similar pieces in other magazines. I did enjoy the two articles on time saving ideas and hormones.  
    • Cooking Light, September 2016 - This issue was chock-full of delicious looking recipes. I pulled three that I want to try immediately. I love that the bulk of this month focused on family meals. The Husband and I cook a lot at home, but we're trying to expand what we eat. This issue has some great ideas to help us do that. I also liked the short feature on how to lose
      weight as a couple. I've been trying to drop a few pounds, and this piece had some nice reminders. Finally, great tips on how to eat a better breakfast. 
  • Books
    • I finished reading Code Name Verity and man was the ending a punch in the gut. Really good read! 
    • I started reading The Middlesteins. I found this book on the community bookcase in my apartment building's laundry room. It was on my TBR list so I thought it was worth grabbing. So far, I like the story.
  • Other

Comments