What I Read This Week: June 12, 2016

New York, New York! It's a wonderful town. The Husband and I are in NYC for the weekend to visit my brother. My parents, who live in upstate NY, thought that was a great idea so they came down to join us. NY is a bit too big of a city for my taste, but they do have some stellar museums and eateries. Also bookstores. The Strand is amazing.
  • Work
    • College and Research Libraries News, June 2016 - I mostly skimmed this issue, but I found the article on the top trends in academic libraries to be useful. I also liked the list of journalism resources. Some of those should benefit my media studies students.
  • Books
    • I finished Orchard House late Sunday night. I loved it! My full review is here.
    • Now I am reading Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers. It's the third (and final?) book in a series I started a few years back. Lady B tells me it's a good read. So far I agree. I thought this book would take me over a month to finish, by the train ride to NY offered some uninterrupted daytime reading.
  • Other
    • I wish her campaign tagline could be "You like me when I'm working." Let's be honest, whether you love her or hate her, Hillary Clinton works extremely hard for what she believes in.

Comments