Seen on the Metro: Double

Today's metro reading sighting was a two-fer! Both made me very happy.

When I found my seat on the train this morning, I looked up and spied a twenty-something woman reading, what looked to be, a crisp, new paperback copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. She was a few chapters in as best I can tell. She wore a rather comfortable looking paisley, maxi dress and beside her was a rolling suitcase. I don't know where she's going, but she's getting there in style with a great book to keep her company.

When the first woman got off the train, her spot was immediately taken by anther twenty-something woman. She was wearing a striped shirt and carrying a small purse over one shoulder. In her hand was a hardcover copy of Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsburg. I was only able to determine that was the title because Lady K gifted me that book for Christmas this year. My fellow passenger was about half-way into the text. If we weren't sitting so far apart I would have asked for her opinion on the book. She exited the train at Union Station... which is one of the better stations to use if you're headed to the Supreme Court. I don't know if that's where she was going but, in my head, she was off to have coffee with Justice Ginsburg so they could chat about the book.

Comments