Book 18: Mortal Heart

TITLE: Mortal Heart
AUTHOR: Robin LaFevers
STARTED: June 5, 2016
FINISHED: June 15, 2016
PAGES: 444
GENRE: Fiction

FIRST SENTENCE: For most, the bleak dark months when the black storms come howling out of the north is a time of grimness and sorrow as people await the arrival of the winter, which brings death, hunger, and bitter cold in its wake.

SUMMARY: [From BN] In the powerful conclusion to Robin LaFever's  New York Times bestselling His Fair Assassins trilogy, Annith has watched her gifted sisters at the convent come and go, carrying out their dark dealings in the name of St. Mortain, patiently awaiting her own turn to serve Death. But her worst fears are realized when she discovers she is being groomed by the abbess as a Seeress, to be forever sequestered in the rock and stone womb of the convent. Feeling sorely betrayed, Annith decides to strike out on her own. She has spent her whole life training to be an assassin. Just because the convent has changed its mind, doesn’t mean she has.

THOUGHTS: It took me a few years to finally get around to reading the final book in the series, but I'm glad I got around to it. This book was a good way to end the series even if I figured out the "big reveal" WAY before it was shown. Like... the moment the two characters met I knew where the author was taking the story.

I really wish I had more to say than "this was an enjoyable story." Nothing wowed me in this book, but I found it easy reading and I liked seeing what happened to all of the characters who were introduced in the first book. 

RATING: 6/10 [Good]

Comments