Reading in the Wild

On Friday, The Husband and I were enjoying dinner at a local establishment when we encountered a lady who is now, in my imagination, my newest best friend.

We were almost done with dinner when this tres chic looking older lady grabbed a spot at the bar. She arrived alone and ordered dinner and a glass of red wine. When her dinner arrived, she took an ebook out of her bag and used the cover to prop it up so she could eat and read at the same time. I must give this lady bonus points for ordering an adult grilled cheese. (I call it adult because it comes with bacon. Bacon makes everything better.)

When I told The Husband that this woman was now my hero, he snapped a quick photo of her reading set-up for me. Now I have something to emulate.


Thank you random lady! You made my Friday night and I think you're totally awesome.

Comments