#Readathon Check-In The Seventh

CURRENTLY READING: I have finished Why Not Me? and will be starting Spark Joy momentarily.

THOUGHTS?: This book was delightful. I very much want to be friends with Mindy Kaling. She just seems to get it. I particularly liked her last chapter on how confidence is just entitlement. It was very well put.

SNACKS AND STUFF: Nada. The Husband did order a specialty pizza from our favorite DC pizza place. He left a few minutes ago to pick it up since they do not deliver to our area. I can't wait! It's been so long since we've had one of their pies.

Also, I dislike not having pictures in these posts. I couldn't think of anything read-a-thon related, so here's a picture of my tiny stone octopus that my mom named Inky.


PAGES READ SINCE LAST CHECK-IN: 129

PAGES READ TOTAL: 1,286


Before I go, here is the mid-event survey:

1. What are you reading right now?
I am about to start "Spark Joy" by Marie Kondo.

2. How many books have you read so far?
Six - three of which are cookbooks and one is an art book.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
The one that is up next. I LOVED "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up." I'm told that "Spark Joy" is that book on steroids.

4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Very few. The Husband has been working from home all day, so there are the general, short chit-chat breaks. I've also put together food and done dishes, but all-in-all the day has been mainly reading.

5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
It was 7pm (EST) before I knew it. The day goes by much more quickly when I don't have hourly blog posts to write.

Comments