What I Read This Week: October 4, 2015

Rain. Nothing but rain this week. And some hockey. And The Husband's birthday. But other than that! Nothing but rain.

  • Work
  • Magazines
    • Cooking Light, September 2015 - Our cable box died during the ND game. Boo. Luckily (and shockingly), Comcast was able to come and fix it on Sunday. After that was up and running, The Husband took advantage of the media stand being moved to redo all the wires and make everything look a bit prettier. While he was fiddling, I filled my time before NFL football by reading a couple magazines. This was the first issue, I flipped through it surprisingly quickly - but the issue was all about quick, family friendly recipes. Many things looked delicious and I saved a few to try later.
    • Cooking Light, October 2015 - I only clipped a few recipes from this issue to try, but one of them was spinach ricotta meatballs... and I'm already craving those delicious looking morsels. Outside of the food, I enjoyed the articles on how the body uses calories differently and how we process alcohol. I like it when I learn something with my casual foodie reading.
  • Books
    • I'm a few more chapters into The Butcher and the Vegetarian. I am really loving this memoir, I just wish I was able to stay awake for more than 10 minutes to read it.
     
     

Comments