Why I Love... Anticipating Reading Time

As I type this, the weather is both gross and awesome. Gross - because it's gray, humid, and full of mizzle. Awesome - because this is perfect reading weather. The meteorologists are also anticipating that we'll be slammed with rain this week.

As disappointing as the weather report is, it has me anticipating reading time. I love knowing that there will be several hours in my future where going outside is not advised. I can stay wrapped in a blanket with a mug of tea and read and read and read.

It's not often that you know there's a chunk of reading time ahead. That is why I love the feeling of anticipation that comes form those rare moments. It's kind of like Christmas. You know it's coming, but it's not yet here. Being on the verge of something wanted and awaited gives me such a sense of happiness.

Comments