What I Read This Week: September 6, 2015

I don't know when it got to be September, but man did the last part of the year arrive quickly. Stop that, time!
  • Work
    • American Libraries, September/October 2015 - I love the design issue. It's great to see the many different ways libraries can look. More pictures please! Aside from that article, the piece on Open Access was well timed. We're going to host a series of OA events in October, so some of these ideas will be useful.
  • Magazines
    • HGTV Magazine, October 2015 - I mostly skimmed this issue, but the fall decor ideas was a nice piece. I also enjoyed the crafty story about the many things you can make with sharpies. The rest of the issue was mainly a list of stuff to buy; some of that stuff is nice, but man do I wish all of this stuff was cheaper. 
    • Washingtonian, September 2015 - The bulk of this issue was devoted to listing the top doctors in the area. That was accompanied by a huge chunk of ads for said doctors and practices. I flew through that stuff, but I stopped to read the stories about the former Navy Seal who runs a seal camp and hunts down those who "steal valor." I also enjoyed the story about the DC Indian wedding market - man was that
      enlightening. 
  • Books
    • I finished Astonish Me. I enjoyed the book from the beginning, but once I hit the tipping point, I could not stop reading. It did not end like I thought in would... in fact it didn't really end, but I very much enjoyed the conclusion... even if it did give me a lot of conflicted feels.
    • Now I am onto Plains of Passage it is the next book in the Earth's children series. I enjoy continuing narrative from the last week, and this is the perfect door-stopper to take with me on vacation. In fact, I should be reading this on a plane when this entry auto-posts.

Comments