What I Read This Week: August 16, 2015

Finally! Some nice weather. Not only did I go back to working out outside, but The Husband and I managed to eat dinner on a restaurant patio. My library's staff picnic was also perfectly timed. There was a light breeze and plentiful sun. The ideal weather for burgers and outdoor chitchat.

I like it being warmer, but fall cannot come soon enough. There are apples to be picked and leafs to be peeped.
  • Magazines
    • HGTV Magazine, September 2015 - I very much enjoyed the vibrant colors and home tours in this issue. It was a rather festive read for my dreary commutes. 
    • Savory, August/September 2015 - Turns out that Giant offers this magazine for free with your bonus card. Who knew? Clearly I need more stuff to read... Anyway... it's basically a massive ad/catalog for Giant brand products, but it had some decent recipes and a few coupons to boot.
  • Books
    • I made much progress in my current book, In Search of the Perfect Loaf. Between reading on the elliptical and just plain reading more while watching TV re-runs, I've progressed quite a bit. I love how the author has gone beyond looking for bread itself and into history and cultural. Highly recommend so far. Grab a baguette before you start.

Comments