Why I Love... Bookstores as Art

My friend, Lady KS, is off on a west coast vacation. (Totes jealous!) Luckily, I get to digitally tag along because she's sharing images of her trip on Instagram. Yesterday, she posted photos of her visit to L.A.'s The Last Bookstore. It's one of the few bookstores on my list of places to visit one day, and her fun photos only increase my desire to make a trip.

What makes this bookstore special, is that it has several book art-pieces. Books are not just on sale, they are a part of the store itself. I love it when bookstores turn books into art because it makes the store into a type of sanctuary. Not only can you buy books, but you are surrounded by the creativity of those who love books as much as you do.

Here are some of her images. How could you not want to go there?


Comments