What I Read This Week: May 31, 2015

I dog-sat for a friend on Thursday night. I thought this meant I would get the chance to plow through a bunch of magazines. Nope. Instead I got distracted by bad television and the really cute puppy next to me.
She's so cute!

  • Work
    • American Libraries, May 2015 - The bulk of this issue focused on the library systems report. Since we're looking to upgrade our ILS, I read the parts that pertained to our work and skimmed the rest. I also stopped to read the article on "Marketing in the Real World." Now I've added yet another book to my TBR list.
    • American Libraries, June 2015 supplement - I enjoy reading about libraries moving into the digital, but I skimmed the entirety of this supplement.
  • Books
    • I'm about halfway through The Sweet Life in Paris. It's a decent read so far, but I'm having a bit of trouble getting around the negative sounding "mood" the author seems to create.
  • Other
    • The New York Times posted a rather interesting article about the skepticism surrounding the Jade Helm military training in Texas.

Comments