What I Read This Week: April 19, 2015

You know what I started doing again this week? Wunning. I have not walked/run since before the wedding cause I am a slacker. I went out a few times this week and did not die, but it was not a pretty sight. I hurt everywhere. That's what I get for taking 4+ plus off from working out. Now that I've loaded up the old iPod with some new music, I hope to stick with it. DC summer, please be kind.

The Husband was in San Francisco for work most of the week. Left to my own devices, I read all of the internet (and made banana breads) while watching bad TV, so the "Other" category is a bit longer than normal this week.
  • Work
    • College and Research Libraries News, April 2015 - I skimmed most of this issue, but I did stop to read the article on "Organizing the Liaison Role." I even tracked down the mind map to pin.
  • Magazines
    • National Geographic, April 2015 - While I read this issue cover-to-cover, it was just mediocre for me. I enjoyed reading about Lincoln's legacy and Trajan's column, but the pine beetle article was the only one I considered eye opening. You can never go wrong with pictures from Hubble, so I greatly enjoyed that part. Otherwise, meh.
    • Cooking Light, May 2015 - A whole issue of fast and tasty recipes? Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! This issue took only a single commute to read because it was almost entirely recipes. No complaints from me. I pulled a few to try at some point.
  • Books
    • I'm a few chapters into Shadows in the Vineyard. This book is a smattering of styles so far. Parts of it read like high-intensity fiction, but it's more of a memoir/mystery/non-fiction. I like it.
  • Other
    • The ladies and have moved forward with my idea for a long-form article club. Huzzah! Our first piece, which I managed to read on a commute home, is about the recreation of Monica Lewinsky. We hold our first discussion on Tuesday.
    • Whilst reading through some stories I pulled up from The Washington Post, I came across an article on the divisiveness of brunch. It was a pretty tasty reader for this brunch lover.
    • In that same WaPo binge, I read a piece on adult coloring books. I am so glad this is a thing.
    • From The New York Times: "Italy is a slag heap of history...
    • The placebo button... I knew it!

Comments