Read-a-thon: Kick-Off

I'm awake. Barely.

I've got my book.

I've got my coffee.

iTunes James Horner radio is playing on the TV.


Let's do this!

But, first, the kick-off survey.

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
- Washington, D.C. Where it is gray, promises to be dreary, and no longer has these pretty cherry blossoms.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
- The Newlywed Cookbook. I've been cooking out of it, but haven't read a word beyond the recipes.

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
- None planned. We shall see what I find.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
- I'm a librarian who loves crossword puzzles, books (obv.), Notre Dame football, and Capitals hockey. 

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
- I took the fall off (for wedding planning), but I've done several read-a-thons before. My game plan this time is to just have fun. Normally I force a whole game plan on myself. Hopefully, I will be able to just let things happen today.

Here's a cherry tree to wake you up!


Comments

Anonymous said…
It seems like dreary and gray are a common theme in a lot of areas today. Hopefully it will keep us inside and reading. Best of luck with your reading goals.