What I Read This Week: November 9, 2014

Oh, it's just over a month to the wedding. Don't mind me as I sit over here making lists and trying not to hyperventilate. Actually, that's being dramatic. We're actually in pretty darn good shape. The major things are done, we just need to make a few things in terms of decor and guest needs, but none of those should be all that difficult. (Fingers crossed.)
  • Work
    • How much can you read about OCLC's batchloading process? A lot, apparently. I also read VIVA's reclamation task force report because you can never be too informed.
  • Magazines
    • The Atlantic, November 2014 - NPR hosted the author of the cover story about why kids sext - so I had sort of "read" this article before I actually read it. Still interesting but not entirely surprising. The piece on drones gave me a few gift ideas. Shh... don't tell anyone. And, lastly, I heart the piece on the urban suburbs... probably because it centered on my geographic area.
    • Washingtonian, October 2014 - I like this issue because much of it focused on home design and I got to look at a lot of pretty pictures. Same goes for the DC style pages - now I can dress like Olivia Pope. In terms of  informative content, I managed to read the piece on Muriel Bowser the day before the election. Win.
  • Books
    • I finished The Valley of Horses. Is the next book in the series here yet? No? pout. I don't plan on starting a new book until the honeymoon because I have a backlog of magazines and blogs to read. I reserve the right to go back on that decision. 

Comments